Workers Compensation Claims
Maryland was the first state to implement worker’s compensation laws, ensuring that employees injured while on the job qualify for benefits under the insurance coverage carried by employers. While this should make many feel confident in their ability to receive medical and financial benefits after suffering an accident at work, many employers and insurance providers contest worker’s compensation claims.
When it comes to a situation in which you or a loved one are injured on the job, or suffer physically as a result of this job, you need the help of our Maryland worker’s compensation attorney in Greenbelt, MD. Any worker’s compensation attorney from Foran & Foran, P.A. will be able to provide you with personal and professionals representation that inspires confidence.Greenbelt MD: What is a Maryland Worker’s Compensation Claim?
When an employee is injured on the job, or develops a disease as a result of this job, they qualify for worker’s compensation. However, employers and insurance companies can contest an employee’s right to these financial and medical benefits. Depending on your situation, you may be eligible to file a worker’s compensation claim.
In Greenbelt, MD, Foran & Foran, P.A. works with clients to help them determine whether or not their situation merits grounds for a worker’s compensation claim like this.Have You Been Denied Maryland Worker's Compensation?
If you have been denied worker’s compensation based on any of the following defenses, you should seek out one of our Maryland worker’s compensation attorneys from our office as soon as possible:
- Accidental Injury Arising Out of the Course of Employment
- Causal Relationship of the Condition to the Injury
- Idiopathic Condition
- Coffee BreaksSocial/Recreational Injuries
- Independent Contractor
We are conveniently located in Greenbelt, MD and can serve clients in surrounding cities including Beltsville, Bowie, Lanham, and College Park, MD.
If you believe you may have a Maryland worker’s compensation claim, the next question is, “How do I file a worker’s compensation claim?” Our Greenbelt worker’s compensation lawyer can provide you with the guidance and insight you need to ensure a successful lawsuit.
We base your worker’s compensation claimon the category of disability you fall into. To determine the type of disability, a great number of factors must be taken into consideration. A Foran & Foran, P.A. Maryland worker’s compensation lawyerwill be able to place your case into one of the following categories:
- Temporary Total Disability – individual is under medical care, have not reached maximum medical improvement, and are unable to return to work
- Temporary Partial Disability – individual is released to return to work to under light-duty capacity, is not able to perform the same pre-injury job, and is earning less money than they did pre-injury
- Permanent Partial Disability – type of injury sustained, amount of disfigurement and industrial loss is all taken into account
- Permanent Total Disability – individual is unable to return to sustainable gainful employment due to injuries
Closing Call to Action Statement for Maryland Worker's Compensation:
Do you want to set up a consultation with a worker’s compensation attorney from our office? Contact Foran & Foran, P.A. today and learn more about what we have to offer. We serve clients from Greenbelt, Beltsville, College Park, Lanham, Hyattsville and Bowie, Maryland.